This is a discussion on Springfield Armory 3rd & 4th Gen scope mount problems. within the The M14 forums, part of the M14 M1A Forum category; UPDATE TO ALUMINUM MOUNT WORRIES It’s been a bit but this is my update to the Aluminum Gen 4 Mounting issues. THE ISSUES I was ...
| ||LinkBack||Moderator Tools||Display Modes|
|March 4th, 2020, 10:50 AM||#226|
Join Date: Dec 2019
UPDATE TO ALUMINUM MOUNT WORRIES
It’s been a bit but this is my update to the Aluminum Gen 4 Mounting issues.
THE ISSUES I was having were;
1.the mount sits slightly off center
2. It doesn’t feel totally seated
3. It will loosen up when firing.
1. The mount appearing to sit slightly off center had no effect on accuracy. It was pretty much dead on.
2. The aluminum mount is designed to “bite” into the receiver and hold. It will appear slightly deformed after you take it off where it sits against the left-outer side of the receiver. This is normal. The instructions even give instructions on banging it around to help it seat to specifically “your rifle”.
3. The mount did loosen up very slightly after 80 or so rounds. It didn’t appear to lose accuracy. It wasn’t enough for me to even notice because I could only retighten it with a tool afterwards.
For the price, the mount is great because you can remove it without too much of a headache, just 2 screws.
You may get different results from a SADLAK mount or something, but I can’t speak to that because I haven’t even used one.
|March 13th, 2020, 03:03 PM||#228|
Join Date: Mar 2020
Best M1A Scope Mount
Hi Yall. Newbie here. I am looking for a scope mount for my M1A. Am Leaning towards the Sadlak Airborne. Its expensive but I only want to do this once. Is there any other candidates that I should look at. The Springfield mount does'nt do much for me. Thanks
| || |
|Search tags for this page|
gen 1 scope mount for m1a springfield,
m1a scope mount adjustment,
springfield gen 4 scope mount
Click on a term to search for related topics.