Home range ready for Spring - Page 2 - M14 Forum

M14 Forum


Home range ready for Spring

This is a discussion on Home range ready for Spring within the Rifle Competition forums, part of the Rifle Forum category; Originally Posted by Wasted ammo Art, did you build that hunting rifle to take up hunting again? Or did you just build it because you ...


Go Back   M14 Forum > Rifle Forum > Rifle Competition

32Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Moderator Tools Display Modes

Old April 19th, 2017, 08:17 AM   #16
Dodgin' The Reaper
 
nf1e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New Preston,CT
Posts: 6,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasted ammo View Post
Art, did you build that hunting rifle to take up hunting again? Or did you just build it because you could?
Because I could. I don't attempt to kill anything but time and targets these days.

Semper Fi
Art

Thanks from JEFFJP_N_JJ
nf1e is offline  
Remove Ads
Old April 19th, 2017, 08:21 AM   #17
Lifer
 
Wasted ammo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: GA
Posts: 2,521
Is that just a fiberglass USGI stock your using on it, or have you done some trickery to it? I want something more rugged to put my Bula in other than walnut when I'm hunting with it. I have heard many say not to expect that kind of accuracy from those stocks.

Thanks from nf1e
Wasted ammo is offline  
Old April 19th, 2017, 09:33 AM   #18
Dodgin' The Reaper
 
nf1e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New Preston,CT
Posts: 6,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasted ammo View Post
Is that just a fiberglass USGI stock your using on it, or have you done some trickery to it? I want something more rugged to put my Bula in other than walnut when I'm hunting with it. I have heard many say not to expect that kind of accuracy from those stocks.
Just an as new USGI fiberglass from Treeline. I have used a bunch of these stocks and with a good lockup, they work very well.

Semper Fi
Art

Thanks from Wasted ammo
nf1e is offline  
 
Old April 19th, 2017, 11:57 AM   #19
Lifer
 
Dougboffl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Sonshine State, JC
Posts: 2,374
Art, now all you need is a few guns to shoot.

Thanks from nf1e
Dougboffl is offline  
Old April 19th, 2017, 12:25 PM   #20
Dodgin' The Reaper
 
nf1e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New Preston,CT
Posts: 6,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougboffl View Post
Art, now all you need is a few guns to shoot.
I know, I know. As hard as I work at that problem, I don't think a solution is near by. One never has enough shootin irons or ammunition to feed them.

Semper Fi
Art

nf1e is offline  
Old April 19th, 2017, 09:01 PM   #21
Snappin In
 
Turn2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 18
Sweet setup.. I keep asking Santa to have one of those..

Thanks from nf1e
Turn2 is offline  
Old April 19th, 2017, 09:10 PM   #22
Old Salt
 
JEFFJP_N_JJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: California, USA?
Posts: 1,690
Art, My one range is over grown with spring time rains and work here will not allow me the time to do anything...:-)

Thanks from nf1e
JEFFJP_N_JJ is offline  
Old April 20th, 2017, 03:00 AM   #23
Dodgin' The Reaper
 
nf1e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New Preston,CT
Posts: 6,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFJP_N_JJ View Post
Art, My one range is over grown with spring time rains and work here will not allow me the time to do anything...:-)
Retirement has it's benefits.

nf1e is offline  
Old April 20th, 2017, 01:58 PM   #24
Squad Leader
 
Redneck Yankee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Ridgefield, Connecticut
Posts: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasted ammo View Post
Art, did you build that hunting rifle to take up hunting again? Or did you just build it because you could?
Definitely a good hunting rifle with twenty rounds in the mag to down twenty deer If you get them from the bench it's not to far to the kitchen

Cheers

Thanks from nf1e
Redneck Yankee is online now  
Old April 20th, 2017, 02:19 PM   #25
Dodgin' The Reaper
 
nf1e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New Preston,CT
Posts: 6,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck Yankee View Post
Definitely a good hunting rifle with twenty rounds in the mag to down twenty deer If you get them from the bench it's not to far to the kitchen

Cheers

Good one. I think I mentioned in the tread about putting together a hunting rifle that a 5 rounder would be used. As I no longer hunt anything tougher than a few steel targets, the 20 works fine.

nf1e is offline  
Reply

  M14 Forum > Rifle Forum > Rifle Competition

Moderator Tools
Display Modes


Similar M14 Forum Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ready for the range.. BigBuckeye The M14 4 October 1st, 2016 12:18 PM
Range Nazi mo mauser The M14 60 August 17th, 2013 02:35 PM
Shooting 700 Yard Steel at Private Range: Video SAPPNASTY M1 Garand Accuracy 21 October 27th, 2012 10:34 AM
Lady Lynnette ready & range report csacpt The M14 16 February 17th, 2009 07:53 AM



Top Gun Sites Top Sites List