After reading this (Bedding a rear lug gun the coat hanger way~pic heavy
), I figured I could do it. So, I ordered the Devcon, and started prepping the receiver.
First I taped it off, using painter's tape. Once taped, I put the receiver in the stock, and ran a hobby knife around to cut the tape to the proper outline. Once that was done, I got out my Dremel tool. Using the round metal cutting wheel I cut a groove in the fiberglass. Once that was done, I put in a routing bit, and with the Dremel held at an angle, I used the previously cut line to keep the router bit centered, and pulled the tool towards me. That gave me a round bottom groove about 1/8" wide. Then I relaced the router bit with the original cutter and deepened the groove and cut it at an angle to help lock it in. For the next stock I plan on getting a larger cutting wheel.
I then filled all the holes, gaps, and any place that needed standoff/space with plumber's putty. It is drier than clay, doesn't stick as well, but clean up is easier. Once that was all done, I painted all the places I didn't want putty to stick with Brownells AcraGlass release(including the putty). Clean up is a bit of a PITA, since it is a film, and must be pealed off.
One that was dry, and it doesn't take long as it is alcohol based, I mixed up the Devcon. I made 4 oz, which was more than I needed. I think I can get away with 3 oz next time. I worked it into all the grooves I had cut, as well as under the front of the receiver. I left the connector lock pin in place, but filled its slot with putty. I put extra Devcon on the corners of the receiver legs where they meet the receiver. Once it was all done, I put the receiver in place, with a coat hanger wire under the barrel. I then used a homemade clamp to pull the receiver down and hold it tight.
After everything set up for about 8 hours, I knocked the receiver out. Supporting the buttstock, and putting a stick inside the receiver and knocking it out. Some touch up was needed. Those fiberglass stocks have a lot of gap forward of the receiver heal, and I didn't put enough Devcon in to fill the gap. So, I made up a bit more, and redid those sections. Once done, I took a file to clean up the over flow. File, not a rasp. File is easier to clean. I took a large diameter router bit and cut the the spring recess/clears in the receiver bedding. Then took a hack saw and cut the groove for the op rod spring guide, and drill to clean up the hole for the connector lock pin. (cuts and clearance not shown in photo)
For the TG, I basically repeated the bedding process I did for the receiver. It still needs a bit of touch up filing. The U shaped clip is to hold the TG partly open, so the lock up will be tighter. I should have left mine open a bit more. I get resistance at about 3/4", but much better than it was.
I partially filled the full auto connector gap since it will never be used, but need to add more. I'm working slowly as this is my first M14 bedding attempt. It not longer is a drop in fit. Test firing will be next week some time.