Originally Posted by Hamburglar78745
Best light synthetic stock with no bedding
Lots of good info on this prior thread, answered one of my questions:
McCann Industries carbon fiber stock only with no handguard or buttstock (it accepts buffer tubes and AR-compatible buttstocks): approx. 1 lb. 2 oz.
McCann Industries upper handguard with rails: 7.4 oz.
Also need to consider the weight of any bedding certain stocks required - lugs only, handguard area only, full bedding. Not sure what that weighs.
Related to bedding, MrSilva said the following in that same thread:
Just to sum it up, for those of you who want to consider M1A/M14 synthetic/metal stocks, here are all I could find. If anybody kindly corrects any of the info presented here, I'll amend this post.
Stocks that do not require bedding (they include an internal aluminum structure):
- Sage EBR - Aluminum stock www.sageinternationalltd.com
- Troy MCS - Aluminum stock www.troyind.com
- JAE 100 - Composite stock www.jae100.com
- Short Rifle Systems - Composite bullpup type stock www.shortrifles.com
- VLTOR - Modified USGI fiberglass stock www.vltor.com
- McCann Industries - Carbon Fiber stock www.mccannindustries.com
- M14 M1A Heaven Viron - Wood + carbon fiber stocks www.m14-m1aheaven.com
Stocks that require bedding:
- McMillan - Fiberglass stock www.mcmfamily.com
- USGI - Fiberglass stock (you may only require partial bedding)
- Brown Precision - Composite, kevlar, graphite stocks www.brownprecision.com
- Springfield Armory - Scout composite stock, don't know if they sell the stock separately (you may only require partial bedding) www.springfield-armory.com
- LAW483 - Several synthetic stocks www.law483.com
- Hueygunner (M14 TFL Forum) - Aerospace stock