Took my Scout Squad to the range - M14 Forum

M14 Forum


Took my Scout Squad to the range

This is a discussion on Took my Scout Squad to the range within the Modern M14 forums, part of the M14 M1A Forum category; Did some shooting, suppressed and some without. I did get a keyhole in my target at 100 yds. using cheap walmart zq1. I've fully inspected ...


Go Back   M14 Forum > M14 M1A Forum > Modern M14

17Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Moderator Tools Display Modes

Old May 18th, 2017, 04:34 PM   #1
Rifleman
 
fullBATTLErattL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 69
Took my Scout Squad to the range

Did some shooting, suppressed and some without. I did get a keyhole in my target at 100 yds. using cheap walmart zq1. I've fully inspected the silencer and there's no evidence of a baffle strike. Not even a kiss. It wasn't windy but there were a lot of these giant flies everywhere. Think I hit a fly? Anybody experience keyholing using zq1?
john


Thanks from Rich D and Skohrchr
fullBATTLErattL is offline  
Remove Ads
Old May 18th, 2017, 04:41 PM   #2
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: N/A
Posts: 4,567

Awards Showcase

yeah it's garbage ammo i did a test on it a long time ago got like a 10 inch group at 100 yards vs my 1 inch group with my hand loads.

not to mention there was a report on it blowing up a guys FAL on the fal files.

Thanks from fullBATTLErattL
TheShooter is offline  
Old May 18th, 2017, 04:44 PM   #3
Lifer
 
Wasted ammo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: GA
Posts: 3,142
I like that stock what's the story on it?

Wasted ammo is online now  
 
Old May 18th, 2017, 04:56 PM   #4
Rifleman
 
fullBATTLErattL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShooter View Post
yeah it's garbage ammo i did a test on it a long time ago got like a 10 inch group at 100 yards vs my 1 inch group with my hand loads.

not to mention there was a report on it blowing up a guys FAL on the fal files.
Yikes! Come to think of it, there was one round that didn't eject. That was probably the one.

fullBATTLErattL is offline  
Old May 18th, 2017, 04:59 PM   #5
Rifleman
 
fullBATTLErattL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasted ammo View Post
I like that stock what's the story on it?
I bought it off a member here at the classifieds section. It's the Urban that came with certain Springfield Armory SOCOM II. Seems they're pretty scarce these days.

Thanks from ChicagoMike and Wasted ammo
fullBATTLErattL is offline  
Old May 18th, 2017, 07:02 PM   #6
Snappin In
 
Skohrchr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 39
I also love that stock. What Scope and suppressor are you using?

Skohrchr is offline  
Old May 18th, 2017, 07:07 PM   #7
Platoon Commander
 
M14vrp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: On a creek in Georgia
Posts: 457
That is an awesome stock plus a beautiful rifle. How does she shoot with good ammo?

Thanks from fullBATTLErattL
M14vrp is offline  
Old May 19th, 2017, 08:46 AM   #8
Lifer
 
Dougboffl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Sonshine State, JC
Posts: 2,513
I like the pattern as well, half scary and half white.

What is that grey box over the bolt?

Thanks from fullBATTLErattL
Dougboffl is online now  
Old May 19th, 2017, 02:57 PM   #9
Rifleman
 
fullBATTLErattL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skohrchr View Post
I also love that stock. What Scope and suppressor are you using?
Scope is a Leatherwood Hi-Lux 2-7x32 long eye relief and the suppressor is an AAC 762-SD.

Thanks from Skohrchr
fullBATTLErattL is offline  
Old May 19th, 2017, 03:00 PM   #10
Rifleman
 
fullBATTLErattL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14vrp View Post
That is an awesome stock plus a beautiful rifle. How does she shoot with good ammo?
Actually just been shooting the zq1 out of it for now. One day I plan on using better ammo and go-pro it with a decibel meter.

fullBATTLErattL is offline  
Old May 19th, 2017, 03:08 PM   #11
Rifleman
 
fullBATTLErattL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougboffl View Post
I like the pattern as well, half scary and half white.

What is that grey box over the bolt?
That's an M14 breech shield. It's good for keeping gases out of your face when shooting suppressed. Which really isn't as bad as they say. There is definitely gas, but not as much thought there would be thanks to the sheild and schuster valve.

Thanks from Dougboffl and Skohrchr
fullBATTLErattL is offline  
Old May 19th, 2017, 03:11 PM   #12
Lifer
 
Wasted ammo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: GA
Posts: 3,142
That is one helluva fly swatter.

Thanks from fullBATTLErattL
Wasted ammo is online now  
Old May 19th, 2017, 03:20 PM   #13
Snappin In
 
Skohrchr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullBATTLErattL View Post
Scope is a Leatherwood Hi-Lux 2-7x32 long eye relief and the suppressor is an AAC 762-SD.
How does the suppressor preform? I'm trying to decide between the 762-SD, 762-SDN-6, and the .30 CAL. Ultra Light Tactical Black Titanium from Yankee hill.

Thanks from fullBATTLErattL
Skohrchr is offline  
Old May 19th, 2017, 03:48 PM   #14
Rifleman
 
fullBATTLErattL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skohrchr View Post
How does the suppressor preform? I'm trying to decide between the 762-SD, 762-SDN-6, and the .30 CAL. Ultra Light Tactical Black Titanium from Yankee hill.
I think it's damned good. Firstly, I paid $580 for it. Friends that were in it's presence claimed it was hearing safe. Initial shots might not hurt your ears, but I doubt it's fully hearing safe. I'd have to meter it. I wouldn't shoot it w/o hearing protection. AAC makes a blackout mount in .595-32, so no need for an adapter. It locks up good and tight too, no wobble whatsoever, like some users say. Grouping is a different story. Still have to delve into that.
My buddy has the AAC SDN-6 so we did a comparison. 762-SD is probably a few decibels quieter due to more volume (really need a meter), but both are comparable. He did pay extra $ for his can tho.
I understand that YHM makes a fast mount in .595-32 also, but after looking briefly at their website, it looks like it won't work for that can you listed. Still can adapt it though.

Thanks from Skohrchr
fullBATTLErattL is offline  
Old May 19th, 2017, 04:08 PM   #15
Snappin In
 
Skohrchr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullBATTLErattL View Post
I think it's damned good. Firstly, I paid $580 for it. Friends that were in it's presence claimed it was hearing safe. Initial shots might not hurt your ears, but I doubt it's fully hearing safe. I'd have to meter it. I wouldn't shoot it w/o hearing protection. AAC makes a blackout mount in .595-32, so no need for an adapter. It locks up good and tight too, no wobble whatsoever, like some users say. Grouping is a different story. Still have to delve into that.
My buddy has the AAC SDN-6 so we did a comparison. 762-SD is probably a few decibels quieter due to more volume (really need a meter), but both are comparable. He did pay extra $ for his can tho.
I understand that YHM makes a fast mount in .595-32 also, but after looking briefly at their website, it looks like it won't work for that can you listed. Still can adapt it though.
I don't know if the YHM will work or not, but it has the M14 Thread option for the flash hider so I assume it would. They also have a few other cans that have the m14 flash hider as an option with the can. Anyway, thanks for the info.

Thanks from fullBATTLErattL
Skohrchr is offline  
Reply

  M14 Forum > M14 M1A Forum > Modern M14

Moderator Tools
Display Modes


Similar M14 Forum Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Springfied scout / squad.... jkh62 The M14 15 October 12th, 2013 07:32 PM
New member, new Scout Squad range report Patriotpower The M14 6 May 4th, 2013 04:39 PM
Hey Guys, Scout Squad vs. Standard Question melch79 The M14 31 October 20th, 2012 07:13 PM
New Scout Squad - need scope rings cynergyou Modern M14 4 June 30th, 2012 05:20 AM
Scout Squad pragan14 Modern M14 2 January 23rd, 2012 10:20 AM



Top Gun Sites Top Sites List