M14 Forum


BLACK RAIN ORDNANCE Lower Receiver.

This is a discussion on BLACK RAIN ORDNANCE Lower Receiver. within the M16 AR15 forums, part of the Rifle Forum category; Does anyone own a Black Rain Lower Receiver? If so any info, good or bad? Just checked one out, they are nice looking and feel ...


Go Back   M14 Forum > Rifle Forum > M16 AR15

Reply
 
LinkBack Moderator Tools Display Modes

Old May 7th, 2010, 06:50 PM   #1
Platoon Commander
 
ecm14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California - Bay Area
Posts: 430
BLACK RAIN ORDNANCE Lower Receiver.

Does anyone own a Black Rain Lower Receiver? If so any info, good or bad? Just checked one out, they are nice looking and feel solid.

ecm14 is offline  
Remove Ads
Old May 8th, 2010, 07:18 PM   #2
Platoon Sergeant
 
CPT1-285TH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 321
Post

I do not own one personally, but Black Rain has a very good reputation and makes excellent receivers. I was going to get one of their billet receivers for my current build, but went with Mega Machine because I got a smoking deal on a matching billet set.

CPT1-285TH is offline  
Old May 8th, 2010, 07:25 PM   #3
Platoon Commander
 
ecm14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California - Bay Area
Posts: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT1-285TH View Post
I do not own one personally, but Black Rain has a very good reputation and makes excellent receivers. I was going to get one of their billet receivers for my current build, but went with Mega Machine because I got a smoking deal on a matching billet set.
I went for it, today I snatched it up. I've been visiting it for a few weeks now. It was more then I would have liked to spend, since you can buy a lower for under $100.

But I keep researching it and it seems to have almost all good reviews. You have pictures of you Mega Machine?

ecm14 is offline  
Old May 11th, 2010, 08:28 PM   #4
Platoon Sergeant
 
CPT1-285TH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 321
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecm14 View Post
I went for it, today I snatched it up. I've been visiting it for a few weeks now. It was more then I would have liked to spend, since you can buy a lower for under $100.

But I keep researching it and it seems to have almost all good reviews. You have pictures of you Mega Machine?
It's still a work in progress. The lower is complete...Armalite LPK with 2 stage tactical trigger, Armalite buffer tube, LMT H buffer & spring, and Magpul MOE grip, CTR stock, & ASAP. The 14.5" Daniel Defense barrel was shipped yesterday to ADCO Firearms to have an extended A2 flashhider permanently pinned. I didn't feel like paying a $200 tax stamp for a 14.5" upper...I'll save that for my upcoming 11.5" build .




The upper will a have the standard forward assist & ejection port door, Magpul Gunfighter Mod4 charging handle, 14.5" Daniel Defense 1/7 CHF barrel w/extended A2 flash hider, Daniel Defense BCG, and Magpul MOE handguard. I am still undecided on the optic, but I'm going with the LMT fixed BUIS right now for irons.

BTW...here's my 1st build, TFL269 ...it's an M16A4 clone.



CPT1-285TH is offline  
Old May 12th, 2010, 11:52 AM   #5
Platoon Commander
 
ecm14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California - Bay Area
Posts: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT1-285TH View Post
It's still a work in progress. The lower is complete...Armalite LPK with 2 stage tactical trigger, Armalite buffer tube, LMT H buffer & spring, and Magpul MOE grip, CTR stock, & ASAP. The 14.5" Daniel Defense barrel was shipped yesterday to ADCO Firearms to have an extended A2 flashhider permanently pinned. I didn't feel like paying a $200 tax stamp for a 14.5" upper...I'll save that for my upcoming 11.5" build .




The upper will a have the standard forward assist & ejection port door, Magpul Gunfighter Mod4 charging handle, 14.5" Daniel Defense 1/7 CHF barrel w/extended A2 flash hider, Daniel Defense BCG, and Magpul MOE handguard. I am still undecided on the optic, but I'm going with the LMT fixed BUIS right now for irons.

BTW...here's my 1st build, TFL269 ...it's an M16A4 clone.



Wow, that is nice...I just watched the Shot show videos, I kinda wish I held off. I like the One Peice Upper, very nice and easy to assemble. PM me when you can post more pictures...Wanna see it finished. I like the black and tan, every time I see one I get closer and closer to just fixing one up in tan. Other than black, and tan, the dark OD green is nice to... Let me know when your done. Thanks for the post.

ecm14 is offline  
Old June 20th, 2010, 10:46 PM   #6
Platoon Sergeant
 
CPT1-285TH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 321
Exclamation UPDATE...Mega Billet Build Finished!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecm14 View Post
Wow, that is nice...I just watched the Shot show videos, I kinda wish I held off. I like the One Peice Upper, very nice and easy to assemble. PM me when you can post more pictures...Wanna see it finished. I like the black and tan, every time I see one I get closer and closer to just fixing one up in tan. Other than black, and tan, the dark OD green is nice to... Let me know when your done. Thanks for the post.
Finally finished the Mega Billet build...here's the specs and photos...

Mega Billet Matched Upper & Lower

LOWER
Armalite 2-stage tactical trigger LPK
Magpul CTR milspec stock
Magpul ASAP
Armalite 6-position milspec buffer tube
LMT H-buffer
LMT action spring
Magpul MOE grip w/AA battery core

UPPER
BCM forward assist & ejection port door assembly
Mega Billet charging handle
DD BCG
DD 14.5” CHF 1/7 barrel assembly
BCM A2X (perm pin & weld by ADCO)
Magpul MOE handguard

IRONS & OPTICS
RRA A2 stand alone rear sight assembly
Vortex Strikefire on American Defense QD cantilever mount

LIGHT
El Zetta ZFH1500
Surefire 6P Defender w/TX-4 Cree LED conversion head (600 lumens) from TNVC

SLING
Gear Sector ASP Single Point Sling w/ HK hook (not in picture)

The only thing missing is the Magpul MOE MVG in FDE whenever Magpul decides to release it. Depending on how well the Vortex Strikefire performs I might switch to a Aimpoint M3 or EOTech E-XPS in the future. I’m hoping the Strikefire does work out though since I’d like to apply all available funds to an ACOG for my M16A4 clone.



CPT1-285TH is offline  
Old June 21st, 2010, 08:53 AM   #7
Platoon Commander
 
ecm14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California - Bay Area
Posts: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt1-285th View Post
finally finished the mega billet build...here's the specs and photos...

mega billet matched upper & lower

lower
armalite 2-stage tactical trigger lpk
magpul ctr milspec stock
magpul asap
armalite 6-position milspec buffer tube
lmt h-buffer
lmt action spring
magpul moe grip w/aa battery core

upper
bcm forward assist & ejection port door assembly
mega billet charging handle
dd bcg
dd 14.5 chf 1/7 barrel assembly
bcm a2x (perm pin & weld by adco)
magpul moe handguard

irons & optics
rra a2 stand alone rear sight assembly
vortex strikefire on american defense qd cantilever mount

light
el zetta zfh1500
surefire 6p defender w/tx-4 cree led conversion head (600 lumens) from tnvc

sling
gear sector asp single point sling w/ hk hook (not in picture)

the only thing missing is the magpul moe mvg in fde whenever magpul decides to release it. Depending on how well the vortex strikefire performs i might switch to a aimpoint m3 or eotech e-xps in the future. Im hoping the strikefire does work out though since id like to apply all available funds to an acog for my m16a4 clone.


sick!!!!

ecm14 is offline  
Old June 21st, 2010, 01:51 PM   #8
Rifleman
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 38
wow loving that upper and lower if you dont mind were did you get the upper? Rainer?

XHunter is offline  
Old June 21st, 2010, 06:10 PM   #9
Platoon Sergeant
 
CPT1-285TH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 321
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilfHunter View Post
wow loving that upper and lower if you dont mind were did you get the upper? Rainer?
I bought the receiver set off a friend who changed his mind on doing a billet build, but funny you mention Rainier because that's where he got it from originally. Only ran me $325 where normally the set run in the high $300s or low $400s.

CPT1-285TH is offline  
Old June 22nd, 2010, 08:03 AM   #10
Rifleman
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 38
wow good price. Iam looking at that mega upper will it fit on a lrb lower?

XHunter is offline  
Reply

  M14 Forum > Rifle Forum > M16 AR15



Search tags for this page
black rain complete lower
,
black rain lower
,

black rain lower receiver review

,

black rain lower review

,
black rain lowers any good
,

black rain ordnance lower receiver

,

black rain ordnance lower receiver review

,

black rain ordnance lower review

,

black rain ordnance review

,

black rain ordnance reviews

,
black rain stripped lower
,
black rain stripped lower review
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Moderator Tools
Display Modes


Similar M14 Forum Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Norinco M14 Serial Number Database - North America Different Reference 145 May 25th, 2014 11:57 AM
Federal Ordnance M14 Captk The M14 19 May 19th, 2014 10:28 AM
SOP: Inspection of the M14 Receiver Bridge gunshack The M14 24 October 28th, 2010 11:04 AM
A Builders Review of the 7.62MM Receiver jywolfe The M14 106 July 28th, 2010 07:14 AM
Big Red Birch Stock Fit zilberg2 Modern M14 17 December 22nd, 2009 07:20 PM



Top Gun Sites Top Sites List