Any point in having a 300 Blackout ? Or recommend other caliber - Page 3 - M14 Forum

M14 Forum


Any point in having a 300 Blackout ? Or recommend other caliber

This is a discussion on Any point in having a 300 Blackout ? Or recommend other caliber within the M16 AR15 forums, part of the Rifle Forum category; If you want readily available ammo then this is probably out. I'm just bringing it up because it appears to have better velocity than the ...


Go Back   M14 Forum > Rifle Forum > M16 AR15

29Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Moderator Tools Display Modes

Old March 7th, 2017, 05:17 PM   #31
Platoon Sergeant
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 303
If you want readily available ammo then this is probably out. I'm just bringing it up because it appears to have better velocity than the blackout and is designed for the AR15 platform.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7.62%C...ilson_Tactical

beeks is offline  
Remove Ads
Old March 7th, 2017, 05:26 PM   #32
Lifer
 
Capona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeks View Post
If you want readily available ammo then this is probably out. I'm just bringing it up because it appears to have better velocity than the blackout and is designed for the AR15 platform.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7.62%C...ilson_Tactical
Why bring up other calibers and super sonic speed when the reason the 300acc was created was for subsonic speed and suppression.
If your not going to suppress, there are better alternatives.
If you want to suppress, 300 is the best at doing that effectively because it's subsonic.

Capona is offline  
Old March 8th, 2017, 11:02 PM   #33
Grunt
 
Yooperboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Colorado
Posts: 99
The 6.5 season creedmore was developed for this reason on the ar platform. If looking for reach out touch someone in less more than 30cal , I say 25-06. 30 cal I say 300'win short mag. Most are made in bolt style if not all. 300 blk is awesome sub made or not made or not. but look for what u r really looking do, and what platform u r looking to use. Good luck n have fun searching.

Yooperboy is offline  
 
Old March 9th, 2017, 02:22 AM   #34
Old Salt
 
Killashrub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Polk County, Florida
Posts: 1,258
I went with a 300BLK Mini 14 for suppressed only. Finishing it with my M14 look alike conversion kit. Its almost done, it just needs cerekote. I have an older mini 14 on the way that is going to get the same treatment too. So waiting on that one so I can cerekote them both.

My 300BLK before cerekote and before stock refinish. My cousin is holding the rifle.


My newer model 5.56 Mini 14 finished


For someone addicted to M14's like me, these mini 14's do just fine for my 5.56 and 300BLK needs. They sure are ugly stock though. My plan is to put the 300BLK into an EBR chassis with the Primary Arms 300BLK battle sight.

Thanks from 3Gunnah, jbdesigns and M14wannabe

Last edited by Killashrub; March 9th, 2017 at 02:34 AM.
Killashrub is offline  
Old March 9th, 2017, 03:15 AM   #35
Lifer
 
3Gunnah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killashrub View Post
I went with a 300BLK Mini 14 for suppressed only. Finishing it with my M14 look alike conversion kit. Its almost done, it just needs cerekote. I have an older mini 14 on the way that is going to get the same treatment too. So waiting on that one so I can cerekote them both.

My 300BLK before cerekote and before stock refinish. My cousin is holding the rifle.


My newer model 5.56 Mini 14 finished


For someone addicted to M14's like me, these mini 14's do just fine for my 5.56 and 300BLK needs. They sure are ugly stock though. My plan is to put the 300BLK into an EBR chassis with the Primary Arms 300BLK battle sight.
Do you have a link for the flashhider on your 300? Thanks

3Gunnah is offline  
Old March 9th, 2017, 03:44 AM   #36
Old Salt
 
Killashrub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Polk County, Florida
Posts: 1,258
They are sold out completely as of now. More should be arriving this week

http://mfiap.com/i-23899537-new-3-87...many-more.html

Thanks from 3Gunnah
Killashrub is offline  
Old March 9th, 2017, 04:04 AM   #37
mb3
Platoon Commander
 
mb3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Jupiter FL
Posts: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capona View Post
Why bring up other calibers and super sonic speed when the reason the 300acc was created was for subsonic speed and suppression.
If your not going to suppress, there are better alternatives.
If you want to suppress, 300 is the best at doing that effectively because it's subsonic.
I actually like the 300 BO for its super sonic performance under 300 yards. I know there are better performing calibers, but the guns used to fire them are generally bigger than an AR with an 8.5 inch barrel. They also dont use standard Ar15 mags (which I already have). The 300 BO has better performance than the 5.56 under 300 yards, and the super sonic ammo can be shot through a suppressor and its still pretty quiet. I have shot my 300 BO without hearing protection and the sound is easily tolerated. The 300 BO is 30 cal and some states require at least 30 cal to hunt on public land.

mb3 is offline  
Old March 9th, 2017, 05:23 AM   #38
Old Salt
 
Chingon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 1,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capona View Post
Why bring up other calibers and super sonic speed when the reason the 300acc was created was for subsonic speed and suppression.
If your not going to suppress, there are better alternatives.
If you want to suppress, 300 is the best at doing that effectively because it's subsonic.

If I recall correctly, the .300 blk was not "created" for strictly suppression. It was "created" to have an effective 300 yard or so round out of a short barrel with a mere change in an AR barrel.

Chingon is offline  
Old March 9th, 2017, 08:42 AM   #39
Lifer
 
XUSNORDIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Other M14 Forum...
Posts: 2,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperboy View Post
The 6.5 season creedmore was developed for this reason on the ar platform. If looking for reach out touch someone in less more than 30cal , I say 25-06. 30 cal I say 300'win short mag. Most are made in bolt style if not all. 300 blk is awesome sub made or not made or not. but look for what u r really looking do, and what platform u r looking to use. Good luck n have fun searching.
That just plain hurt to read.......; )

XUSNORDIE is offline  
Old March 9th, 2017, 09:28 AM   #40
Lifer
 
Wasted ammo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: GA
Posts: 2,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by XUSNORDIE View Post
That just plain hurt to read.......; )
Lmao out loud, like I'm crying I'm laughing so hard. Don't why this struck as funny but thanks for the laugh anyway!

Thanks from ray55classic
Wasted ammo is online now  
Old March 9th, 2017, 02:44 PM   #41
Platoon Sergeant
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capona View Post
Why bring up other calibers and super sonic speed when the reason the 300acc was created was for subsonic speed and suppression.
If your not going to suppress, there are better alternatives.
If you want to suppress, 300 is the best at doing that effectively because it's subsonic.
Geardoc's first post suggests that he's looking for something more powerful. I'm under the impression he's not using a suppressor.

beeks is offline  
Old March 9th, 2017, 03:51 PM   #42
Banned Camp
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Murphy NC
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeks View Post
Geardoc's first post suggests that he's looking for something more powerful. I'm under the impression he's not using a suppressor.
I don't supress anything. No noise ordnance where I'm at. I have 100 acres to shoot safely on. If encourages people to leave surrounding me, so be it. Besides, everyone in my general area shoots at all times of the day and night 7 days a week.

geardoc is offline  
Old March 9th, 2017, 04:00 PM   #43
Banned Camp
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Murphy NC
Posts: 118
I think if I go with anything it will be the Grendel.

I tried it today, had the drain out yesterday. I use human silhouette targets and the Grendel at 500yds. I planted 3 headshots off a bag set and bench.

Not loud. Based on some old hoods I shot at, it can penetrate steel fine. I have 4 cyl FoMoCo gasser industrial block and I think I will borrow the gun again and shoot it.

geardoc is offline  
Old March 25th, 2017, 05:14 PM   #44
Snappin In
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: NC
Posts: 34
Here's an interesting presentation on the 300BLK.

http://www.dtic.mil/ndia/2012/armame...590Silvers.pdf

Thanks from 2336USMC, Earthquake and 3Gunnah
Rutlege is offline  
Old March 25th, 2017, 05:52 PM   #45
Lifer
 
XUSNORDIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Other M14 Forum...
Posts: 2,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by geardoc View Post
I don't supress anything. No noise ordnance where I'm at. I have 100 acres to shoot safely on. If encourages people to leave surrounding me, so be it. Besides, everyone in my general area shoots at all times of the day and night 7 days a week.

Well too bad because ordnance is loud......only suppressed ordnance is semi quiet.....

Must not be any spelling bees around you either......

ORDINANCE.......can you say it in a sentence please.......said the 5th grader who knew the difference......

XUSNORDIE is offline  
Reply

  M14 Forum > Rifle Forum > M16 AR15

Moderator Tools
Display Modes


Similar M14 Forum Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AR15 300 Blackout Rifles from $525 wikiarms WikiArms.com 0 October 31st, 2015 07:19 AM
Troy Pump Action Rifle PAR 300 AAC Blackout 16" 10 Rd Fxd Stk from $642 shipped wikiarms WikiArms.com 0 June 14th, 2015 06:28 PM
AR15 Rifles 300 Blackout Available Now from $727 wikiarms WikiArms.com 0 May 3rd, 2015 06:11 AM
First pistol build: 300 Aac blackout. Dredsen M16 AR15 7 December 4th, 2013 10:25 AM
any 444 Marlin shooters out there? Earthquake Lever Action 16 July 12th, 2013 02:15 PM



Top Gun Sites Top Sites List