I think the list below has now been established to be correct for my XM25 build, which Jon Wolf and co. will be doing.
1. McMillan Second Gen Marine Corps Stock.................................... Nice
2. Gene Barnett Barrel Med. Weight 4 Groove w/modified gas cylinder New
3. BPT Stock Liner/installation tool New
4. BPT Scope Mount New
5. BPT Op-Rod Spring guide New
6. BPT Gas Piston rev.1 New
7. Trigger housing 66118 New
8. Hammer 66118 original finish Excellent
9. Trigger&Sear new from wrap New
10. Bolt 66118 original finish New
11. Op-Rod 66118 original finish Excellent
12. USGI NM rear sight base stamped in Ink NM/2A New
13. Elevation Pinion WCE appears to be New
14. Windage Knob L.P.R. NM New
15. NM aperture non-hooded New
16. USGI NM Front Sight .062 New
Other known parts
17. H&R Op-rod Spring New
18. SA. Gas Cylinder Lock New
19. KMTco. Butt Plate ASSY. New
20. NM Flash Suppressor USGI New
All others part while not identifiable to any one particular manufacturer are USGI in Excellent to New condition.
This brings me to the one last detail of the XM25 build and while it is a major part of the XM25 I believe it is not a deal breaker and does lend itself well to the overall project, the Scope. I have decided to use the Leupold Mark 4 in current manufacture.
While it does deviate from the original, it is still very close and built by the original manufacturer. This does have advantages over the original. New clear glass is always a plus, full enforceable warranty. I do plan on shooting this rifle!
I was able to locate an original but with flaws I could not live with, I contacted Leupold and was told that they would not work on it. I contacted several other reputable scope repair shops and was told that they could not offer any guarantees that it could even be fixed. I had to pass.
Jon Wolf was chosen to do this build because of the great recommendations he has received and because I am aware he has experience with this type M14.
All parts will keep their original finish with the exception of the barrel and gas cylinder which will be Nitrided.
The last part I have yet to acquire is the receiver, would like to have an LRB if I can't get one of Patrick's(Ironworker). Ren