M14 Forum


Sale my Beautiful Poly M14S to buy a V93?

This is a discussion on Sale my Beautiful Poly M14S to buy a V93? within the The M14 forums, part of the M14 M1A Forum category; Ok so knowing this is a M14 site, I pretty much know what the opinions will be, but here it goes. Should I sale my ...


Go Back   M14 Forum > M14 M1A Forum > The M14


Like Tree8Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Moderator Tools Display Modes

Old February 12th, 2012, 06:53 PM   #1
Rifleman
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: P.R.K.
Posts: 41
Sale my Beautiful Poly M14S to buy a V93?

Ok so knowing this is a M14 site, I pretty much know what the opinions will be, but here it goes.

Should I sale my Poly so I can buy a Vector Arms V93?

I love my Poly, it's beautiful, I've actually never fired it since I got it in a trade, I pretty much collect guns but rarely fire them.

I know I want a M14 style rifle and I've also always wanted a HK style rifle in .223 to go along with my SA SAR-8.

I live in Cali where V93's are hard to come by but you can buy used or new SA M1A's all day long, there is a store that will send a Cali compliant V93 to Cali for under $1100, but then I'd have sales tax and a transfer fee of $65

I'm just kicking around the ideal of selling the Poly, buying the V93 and at a later date picking up a SA M1A.

Another option is to just try to dump some hand guns and put the V93 on a 45 day layaway? I could probably sell off my M&P 40 c and maybe a LCP to come up with a good chunk of it? Remember for non cops, LCP's run $400 bucks in Cali, but these guns are on my CCW, but I still have a PM9 and PF9 I can carry.




Last edited by shadowman; February 13th, 2012 at 02:40 PM.
shadowman is offline  
Remove Ads
Old February 12th, 2012, 07:17 PM   #2
Lifer
 
boomer1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 2,186
Id keep your poly. v93's and SAI M1A's are far more common and can be found much easier. Im curious though what do they do to make a 93 cali compliant? do you gotta laod a fixed ten rounder thru the ejection port or somethin?

boomer1983 is offline  
Old February 12th, 2012, 07:25 PM   #3
Old Salt
 
bigblock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Northern KY
Posts: 1,794
Talking

Trading guns is a bad and good thing. You get something you want in the short term but regret it in the long run. Don't trade off guns that are hard to come by or hard to get. I learned that the hard way. A M1A with GI parts would be a nice replacement for a Polytech anyday in my book if you can afford it at a later date.

I traded 2 nice remington shotguns for a WWII 1911A1 Colt reproduction. The Colt is way harder to find in that configuration than 2 Remington Shotguns. There are a few guns I have traded over the years that I would give anything to have back.

Thanks from boomer1983
bigblock is offline  
Old February 12th, 2012, 07:36 PM   #4
Rifleman
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: P.R.K.
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer1983 View Post
Id keep your poly. v93's and SAI M1A's are far more common and can be found much easier. Im curious though what do they do to make a 93 cali compliant? do you gotta laod a fixed ten rounder thru the ejection port or somethin?
A couple of ways to do it, the most common way is to use a mag lock, AKA bullet button, Radlock, in Cali if a gun does not have a detachable mag, then it can have as many evil features as you want, pistol grip stock, flash suppressor etc.. So what we do install a mag release that requires a tool to actuate, and per our DOJ the tip of a bullet is a tool, hence the name bullet button, so on AR's instead of pushing the mag release with your finger, you have to press a little button sunk in the middle of the mag release with a tool, then you load and reinsert mag as usual. So the mags are still easily detached and loaded, but by law they are considered fixed mag rifles since they require tools to remove. But mags are limited to ten rounds in fixed mag rifles.

Another way is to go what we call featureless, no evil features, so a muzzle break instead of a FS then you install a piece of Kydex between the pistol grip and butt stock to fill the gap so you can't wrap your hand around the grip, then no mag lock is required, and you can use legally owned prior to the year 2000 mags of any capacity you want.

shadowman is offline  
Old February 12th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #5
Lifer
 
boomer1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 2,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
A couple of ways to do it, the most common way is to use a mag lock, AKA bullet button, Radlock, in Cali if a gun does not have a detachable mag, then it can have as many evil features as you want, pistol grip stock, flash suppressor etc.. So what we do install a mag release that requires a tool to actuate, and per our DOJ the tip of a bullet is a tool, hence the name bullet button, so on AR's instead of pushing the mag release with your finger, you have to press a little button sunk in the middle of the mag release with a tool, then you load and reinsert mag as usual. So the mags are still easily detached and loaded, but by law they are considered fixed mag rifles. But mags are limited to ten rounds in fixed mag rifles.

Another way is to go what we call featureless, no evil features, so a muzzle break instead of a FS then you install a piece of Kydex between the pistol grip and butt stock to fill the gap so you can't wrap your hand around the grip, then no mag lock is required, and you can use legally owned prior to the year 2000 mags of any capacity you want.
i always thought you had to break open the ar's at their rear take down pin and load em from the top. i didnt know they had a mag release at all.

boomer1983 is offline  
Old February 12th, 2012, 07:49 PM   #6
Lifer
 
Earthquake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 3,108
I think it would be easier to move out of the PRK.

Casey

Earthquake is offline  
Old February 12th, 2012, 08:07 PM   #7
Rifleman
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: P.R.K.
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer1983 View Post
i always thought you had to break open the ar's at their rear take down pin and load em from the top. i didnt know they had a mag release at all.
Yes they even make a second tool that is a magnet that goes over the bullet button (mag release) it basally sits on the mag release and it has a small pin that sticks in the bullet button, then you just push this with your finger so mags are ejected just as a normal AR, it hasn't been challenged in the courts yet, but it is a tool sitting on the mag release.

Our evil rifles look just like the free worlds, they just require a small tool to release mags and are limited to ten rounds, that is unless you go featureless as mentioned above. We don't split open guns or use stripper clips to load or nothing like that.

Even a M1a has to have a muzzle break instead of a Flash Suppressor or it too would have to have Bullet button, because we all know a flash suppressor would make it a much more dangerous weapon, just ask Diane Fienstein,

But many guns were banned by name, so we now have " off list lowers and guns" Meaning their names are not on the banned list, hence "off list" so for example many specific brand named rifles such as Colt AR 15, Colt Sporter , Bushmaster XM 15, HK91 are banned, but if HK makes the same rifle but changes the name to HK19 then it would be legal if bullet button equipped or featureless, because it had to be exact match to be banned.


To see what is and is not cali compliant, we use this handy flowchart
http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

Thanks from boomer1983

Last edited by shadowman; February 13th, 2012 at 02:43 PM.
shadowman is offline  
Old February 8th, 2013, 09:11 AM   #8
Snappin In
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Utah
Posts: 25
Good Grief!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
Yes they even make a second tool that is a magnet that goes over the bullet button (mag release) it basally sits on the mag release and it has a small pin that sticks in the bullet button, then you just push this with your finger so mags are ejected just as a normal AR, it hasn't been challenged in the courts yet, but it is a tool sitting on the mag release.

Our evil rifles look just like the free worlds, they just require a small tool to release mags and are limited to ten rounds, that is unless you go featureless as mentioned above. We don't split open guns or use stripper clips to load or nothing like that.

Even a M1a has to have a muzzle break instead of a Flash Suppressor or it too would have to have Bullet button, because we all know a flash suppressor would make it a much more dangerous weapon, just ask Diane Fienstein,

But many guns were banned by name, so we now have " off list lowers and guns" Meaning their names are not on the banned list, hence "off list" so for example many specific brand named rifles such as Colt AR 15, Colt Sporter , Bushmaster XM 15, HK91 are banned, but if HK makes the same rifle but changes the name to HK19 then it would be legal if bullet button equipped or featureless, because it had to be exact match to be banned.


To see what is and is not cali compliant, we use this handy flowchart
http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf
I'm a reasonably well-educated person. I teach high school and college. I'm currently writing my dissertation. I took a look at this flow chart, hoping it was a joke, and just started to CRY! What moron writes this kind of law and considers it simple? Oh... Wait... The answer is Politicians!

By the way... Do these laws make Califrnians safe from Chris Dorner?

Thanks from geeck
buddy10mm is offline  
Old February 8th, 2013, 09:38 AM   #9
Rifleman
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: South, TX
Posts: 51
Hey shadowman, I was looking into getting a MP5 clone a while back one thing that was made pretty clear was that Vector Arms products are hit and miss as far as reliability goes and customer service is sub par. Don't own one but just my .02.

FYI not a 5.56 but check out the Sig MPX

ruple922 is offline  
Old February 8th, 2013, 02:13 PM   #10
Old Salt
 
24kshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Western States
Posts: 1,030
V93 is a nice rifle - if you don't have mags for it you maybe SOL as they have always been hard to find and expensive. If it an older Vector it will have mostly HK parts and be of high quality.

24kshooter is offline  
Old February 8th, 2013, 02:25 PM   #11
Platoon Sergeant
 
Ezekiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 332
Keep the hammer forged m14 and just buy the v93.

Thanks from Seventh Fleet
Ezekiel is offline  
Old April 19th, 2013, 10:59 AM   #12
Snappin In
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 34
Keep the M14. Here in CA, it's a much better option, IMO.
I'm actually selling my AK to buy an M14, because I'm sick of mag locks and stupid grips.

Standard is offline  
Old April 19th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #13
Old Salt
 
six clicks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 1,911
By the looks of your back yard in the picture, why don't you just fire one of your servants so you don't have to sell the m14

Thanks from bigblock, dozier and GardenValley
six clicks is offline  
Old April 19th, 2013, 12:37 PM   #14
Squad Leader
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Midwest
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by six clicks View Post
By the looks of your back yard in the picture, why don't you just fire one of your servants so you don't have to sell the m14
LMAO. At a very good observation. That is funny, needed a good belly laugh. Keep it, good stick.

cheepertokeeper is offline  
Old April 19th, 2013, 02:26 PM   #15
Scout Sniper
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 816
Looks like Tony Montana'a house!

Thanks from bigblock
m1476251 is offline  
Reply

  M14 Forum > M14 M1A Forum > The M14



Search tags for this page

m14 for sale

,
m14 for sale colorado
,
m14 polytech for sale
,

m14s for sale

,
m1a for sale colorado
,

polytech m14 for sale

,

polytech m14s for sale

,
polytech m14s for sale/trade
,
used m14s for sale
,
used polytech m14 for sale
,
v 93 for sale
,
v93 for sale
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Moderator Tools
Display Modes


Similar M14 Forum Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trade Kahr for Poly M14S, questions shadowman The M14 9 July 4th, 2011 11:35 AM
Armscorp pappers? sardo67 The M14 11 December 22nd, 2008 07:22 AM
Poly... Good buy ? Jarhead0331 The M14 10 December 30th, 2005 06:12 PM



Top Gun Sites Top Sites List