M14 Forum


Companies to start limiting law enforcement sales to civilian standards

This is a discussion on Companies to start limiting law enforcement sales to civilian standards within the Gun Rights forums, part of the Gun Forum category; You ask me to read the thread to find comments you see as backing up your argument when it would be easier to make your ...


Go Back   M14 Forum > Gun Forum > Gun Rights

294Thanks
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Moderator Tools Display Modes

Old February 16th, 2013, 10:34 AM   #151
Scout Sniper
 
rscalzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Epping, NH
Posts: 816
You ask me to read the thread to find comments you see as backing up your argument when it would be easier to make your point pointing them out specifically. I've read it and see no effort towards the "us v them" scenario.

I have no doubt that somewhere you will hear someone attempting that thought somewhere in the vastness of the internet. Yet I doubt you have viewed the other areas that are le related and see their thought on the subject. There is no shortage of long time LE here that dispute your theory.

Quote:
Not being mean or condescending.
Never thought for a minute you were. We disagree. I can accept that as that's the point of being here. discussing views. No one expects them all to be the same.

Thanks from Nodrama43
rscalzo is offline  
Remove Ads
Old February 16th, 2013, 10:39 AM   #152
Old Salt
 
cruciantime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 1,439
I suggested you read the thread to answer your own questions. I am not making an argument. I am not broadcasting a theory. I believe law enforcement should not be in a special class. I believe we should be equal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscalzo View Post
You ask me to read the thread to find comments you see as backing up your argument when it would be easier to make your point pointing them out specifically. I've read it and see no effort towards the "us v them" scenario.

I have no doubt that somewhere you will hear someone attempting that thought somewhere in the vastness of the internet. Yet I doubt you have viewed the other areas that are le related and see their thought on the subject. There is no shortage of long time LE here that dispute your theory.



Never thought for a minute you were. We disagree. I can accept that as that's the point of being here. discussing views. No one expects them all to be the same.

cruciantime is offline  
Old February 16th, 2013, 11:03 AM   #153
Designated Marksman
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NE Washington
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruciantime View Post
I suggested you read the thread to answer your own questions. I am not making an argument. I am not broadcasting a theory. I believe law enforcement should not be in a special class. I believe we should be equal.
By virtue of the demands of the job, the training provided and the expectation that you would willfully enter harms way to protect a stranger I'd have to say that puts you in a special class, whether you want the attention or not. Soldiers, cops...it's a job we take on...and we take on the criticisms, whether warranted or not. The benefits have been worth the risks. I think those that served in either profession naturally would take issue with folks that want to have the same benefits w/o themselves having to endure the same risks. That's just the way it is and it's fair compensation to those willing to take the risks. Companies have shown their appreciation to returning soldiers as well offering similar discounts on guns and ammo. Companies standing up to anti-gun states and backing civilians should be applauded. Unfortunate that LEOs who share common ground with civilian attitudes become apart of the fallout.

Oldsigncutter is offline  
Old February 16th, 2013, 11:11 AM   #154
Old Salt
 
cruciantime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 1,439
The Constitution doesn't allow for certain people to have more rights or benefits than others. It's good for you to say outright you believe that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsigncutter View Post
...I'd have to say that puts you in a special class...

...I think those that served in either profession naturally would take issue with folks that want to have the same benefits w/o themselves having to endure the same risks...

Thanks from philip26p and Thor
cruciantime is offline  
Old February 16th, 2013, 11:28 AM   #155
Designated Marksman
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NE Washington
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruciantime View Post
The Constitution doesn't allow for certain people to have more rights or benefits than others. It's good for you to say outright you believe that.
You can cut n paste comments to fit the storyline you're promoting. As I said, by virtue of signing on the doted line you enter a special class. Whether it's the G.I Bill, pensions or perks.........all these benefits are offered because of the risks you've accepted and endured. Your arguement is leaning hard towards Obama's slant of what is considered fair!

Oldsigncutter is offline  
Old February 16th, 2013, 11:36 AM   #156
Old Salt
 
cruciantime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 1,439
Fairness has nothing to do with it. Our declaration states rights come from God and are unalienable. We are by our founding documents considered equal. You seem to be referring to some kind of Federal Government factioning message. I don't want to split people up into classes.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsigncutter View Post
You can cut n paste comments to fit the storyline you're promoting. As I said, by virtue of signing on the doted line you enter a special class. Whether it's the G.I Bill, pensions or perks.........all these benefits are offered because of the risks you've accepted and endured. Your arguement is leaning hard towards Obama's slant of what is considered fair!

ETA There was nothing taken out of context.

Thanks from GARRARD

Last edited by cruciantime; February 16th, 2013 at 11:49 AM. Reason: ETA, declaration not constitution
cruciantime is offline  
Old February 16th, 2013, 11:50 AM   #157
Designated Marksman
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NE Washington
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruciantime View Post
Fairness has nothing to do with it. Our constitution states rights come from God and are unalienable. We are by our founding documents considered equal. You seem to be referring to some kind of Federal Government factioning message. I don't want to split people up into classes.
That's just the way it is. You pay to play!

Oldsigncutter is offline  
Old February 16th, 2013, 11:52 AM   #158
Old Salt
 
cruciantime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 1,439
What does this mean?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsigncutter View Post
That's just the way it is. You pay to play!

cruciantime is offline  
Old February 16th, 2013, 11:57 AM   #159
Snappin In
 
TylerDurden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 17
Read the thread?

Perhaps you should, and some of the other people here too while they're at it.

Where did I, or any other LEO posting here say that the rights (2nd Amendment specifically) be limited? WHERE? I've read the thread, thanks, and none of us are saying it, not one, so wrap it up...

The problem, or more specifically, the idiocy associated with this thread is the inane belief that these companies that are "heroically" taking a stand and not selling restricted items to LEOs/agencies/etc. are somehow helping the cause of the general citizenry and the guarantee of their Second Amendment rights...?...!

Remember the saying, "It's the economy, stupid."? Same applies here, but when it comes to LEOs, "It's the oath, stupid." You're equating the LEO possession of restricted items as a right, which somehow violates yours. It's really, Really, REALLY simple, I swear...

You want the same "rights", take the oath, swear to protect and defend and strap on a gun and badge and say goodbye to your loved ones every time you leave the house not knowing whether or not you'll ever see them again.

See, it's that simple.

The "mindset" of some of these posts and the preposterous "logic" used to support them is unreal. There is obviously a massive confusion about what's rights and privileges are. The way some of y'all are arguing would give you the same right to go into a hospital operating room and start cracking someone's head open and performing brain surgery, you know, 'cause neurosurgeons have the right to, why can't I...

How many of you making the argument in this comfortable vacuum of cyberspace have taken an oath in the Armed Forces, or as a LEO, or have been to the funeral of a fallen Service Member, or LEO or citizen who was murdered in cold blood?

I said it in my other post, the sheep don't like the sheepdog, but we're here to protect you from the big bad wolves. Sounds like a lot of the sheep here are wanna be sheepdogs, but only wanna play the role when it's convenient for them and the odds are in their favor. Wow, that must be nice...the sheepdogs who swore an oath don't get the benefit of picking and choosing when they might be going on their last call...and they certainly don't get to pick and choose the people they're helping, especially cop-hating ingrates...

But that's just fine. It goes with the territory. Serving and protecting with honor and dignity is a calling, and it's not for everyone, and unfortunately, a lot of LEOs don't get that either, but don't you dare lump me with their ilk. I love my country, but sometimes my government/laws/elected officials leave little to be desired...

TylerDurden is offline  
Old February 16th, 2013, 12:01 PM   #160
Designated Marksman
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NE Washington
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruciantime View Post
What does this mean?
Risk/reward..it's an anti-socialist concept!

Oldsigncutter is offline  
Old February 16th, 2013, 12:07 PM   #161
Fire Team Leader
 
echo5papa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South East US
Posts: 207
This fued needs to stop. There is no doubt liberal spies among use that are laughing at every blow we throw at each other. They started this fight and if allowed they will now become bystanders and let our emotions destroy us.

I copied this from a web some web site. It sounds like the strategy of a powerful and united anti-gun party. Let us focus our energy on them. And yes, I admit I poured fuel on this fire for a while myself.


A divide and conquer strategy, also known as “divide and rule strategy” is often applied in the arenas of politics and sociology. In this strategy, one power breaks another power into smaller, more manageable pieces, and then takes control of those pieces one by one. It generally takes a very strong power to implement such a strategy. In order to successfully break up another power or government, the conqueror must have access to strong political, military, and economic machines.

Furthermore, in order to maintain power and influence, large governments will often work to keep smaller powers and governments from uniting. In fact, this use of the principles within the divide and conquer strategy is most common. It is much easier to prevent small powers from linking forces than to break them apart once they have aligned.

Leaders who use a divide and conquer strategy may encourage or foster feuds between smaller powers. This kind of political maneuvering requires a great understanding of the people who are being manipulated. In order to foster feuds, for example, one must understand the political and social histories of the parties intended to take part in the feuds.

God speed in your mainaining the same protections that I have as an LEO.

Thanks from Nodrama43

Last edited by echo5papa; February 16th, 2013 at 12:12 PM. Reason: One more thing.
echo5papa is offline  
Old February 16th, 2013, 12:15 PM   #162
Fire Team Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: southwest Ohio
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post

Where did I, or any other LEO posting here say that the rights (2nd Amendment specifically) be limited? WHERE? I've read the thread, thanks, and none of us are saying it, not one, so wrap it up...

there are no cops saying this here, but there are certain members that want to believe it, because they consider LEO just another sprout of the "enemy" otherwise known as the US Government. These are the hateful members that constantly diss the po po simply because they are the po po.

The problem, or more specifically, the idiocy associated with this thread is the inane belief that these companies that are "heroically" taking a stand and not selling restricted items to LEOs/agencies/etc. are somehow helping the cause of the general citizenry and the guarantee of their Second Amendment rights...?...!

Exactly...and again...certain members here spin this as these companies are standing up against the "man", those groups of government agents that are secretly plotting to put us all in death camps, despite the outcome of the Nuremburg trials. "Nuremburg" seems to be a favorite buzz word here lately.... more BS

Remember the saying, "It's the economy, stupid."? Same applies here, but when it comes to LEOs, "It's the oath, stupid." You're equating the LEO possession of restricted items as a right, which somehow violates yours. It's really, Really, REALLY simple, I swear...

I really appreciate your efforts here, and I agree with you, but this is a gun forum and a small part of these guys are simply anarchial OWS types searching for a reason to talk smack and live out there dreams of glory. For some, not all of them, they just cannot help themselves.

You want the same "rights", take the oath, swear to protect and defend and strap on a gun and badge and say goodbye to your loved ones every time you leave the house not knowing whether or not you'll ever see them again.

Wait for it.....wait for it...I can hear the "you knew what the job was all about when you signed up" diatribe coming.

The "mindset" of some of these posts and the preposterous "logic" used to support them is unreal. There is obviously a massive confusion about what's rights and privileges are. The way some of y'all are arguing would give you the same right to go into a hospital operating room and start cracking someone's head open and performing brain surgery, you know, 'cause neurosurgeons have the right to, why can't I...

How many of you making the argument in this comfortable vacuum of cyberspace have taken an oath in the Armed Forces, or as a LEO, or have been to the funeral of a fallen Service Member, or LEO or citizen who was murdered in cold blood?

I said it in my other post, the sheep don't like the sheepdog, but we're here to protect you from the big bad wolves. Sounds like a lot of the sheep here are wanna be sheepdogs, but only wanna play the role when it's convenient for them and the odds are in their favor. Wow, that must be nice...the sheepdogs who swore an oath don't get the benefit of picking and choosing when they might be going on their last call...and they certainly don't get to pick and choose the people they're helping, especially cop-hating ingrates...

But that's just fine. It goes with the territory. Serving and protecting with honor and dignity is a calling, and it's not for everyone, and unfortunately, a lot of LEOs don't get that either, but don't you dare lump me with their ilk. I love my country, but sometimes my government/laws/elected officials leave little to be desired...
all good brother. I got your back, and I know why you feel the way you do. Regardless of what you do, it will never be enough, it will never be right. We do what we do because we chose the profession. When it is all said and done we will still be guarding the gate because that's what we do. All this comedy going on within the walls of this gun forum are simply entertainment, and an education on what many gun owners true convictions are. Suck it all in, because it will be good information to have in the days to come. I am now, and will always be on the side of law abiding citizens. I am absolutely positive that not everyone here fits that criteria.

Thanks from TylerDurden
Nodrama43 is offline  
Old February 16th, 2013, 12:24 PM   #163
Old Salt
 
cruciantime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 1,439
Thanks for flushing yourselves out fellows. I thank you.

Midway: No LEO Mag and Ammo Sales Where Civilian Bans

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...an-bans-apply/



Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsigncutter View Post
.
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo5papa View Post
.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrama43 View Post
.

Thanks from m14nm
cruciantime is offline  
Old February 16th, 2013, 12:30 PM   #164
Fire Team Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: southwest Ohio
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruciantime View Post
Thanks for flushing yourselves out fellows. I thank you.

don't bother. your thanks isn't on my list of needs.


lol see what happens when you dare to think differently?

Nodrama43 is offline  
Old February 16th, 2013, 12:38 PM   #165
Fire Team Leader
 
echo5papa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South East US
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruciantime View Post
Thanks for flushing yourselves out fellows. I thank you.

Midway: No LEO Mag and Ammo Sales Where Civilian Bans

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...an-bans-apply/
I wasn't hiding, I was trying to walk beside those here in support of the 2nd Amendment.

Thanks from Nodrama43 and Oldsigncutter
echo5papa is offline  
Closed Thread

  M14 Forum > Gun Forum > Gun Rights



Search tags for this page

44 gun companies ban together not sell to law inforcement

,
class 3 dealers swat
,

companies banning gunsales to states

,
companys ban sale to lawenforcement
,
firearm companies banning sales
,

gun companies ban sales to police

,
gun manufacturers limiting law enforcement sales
,
gun manufacturers limiting sales to states
,
how much do firearms companys make in civilan sales
,
manufacterer limiting sales
,
what gun companies do a discount for leo
,
why police have guns and not civilians
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Moderator Tools
Display Modes


Similar M14 Forum Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lowering Ranger standards? Coffindancer Army 27 May 31st, 2013 08:05 AM
here we go........ Powder Burn Broken Arrow 11 March 2nd, 2012 03:45 PM
Lights For Ccw And Law Enforcement watchmaker Broken Arrow 42 August 10th, 2011 05:38 AM
Proposed Law Allows AG Holder to Block Gun Sales to Over a Million Americans thomastred Gun Rights 3 June 21st, 2009 04:07 AM
Law enforcement plans to combat gun smuggling ripper51 Gun Rights 6 January 17th, 2008 11:03 AM



Top Gun Sites Top Sites List