ZQI Ammo Dirtbag - Page 2 - M14 Forum

M14 Forum


ZQI Ammo Dirtbag

This is a discussion on ZQI Ammo Dirtbag within the Ammunition forums, part of the M14 M1A Forum category; Originally Posted by USSF06 There was a douchebag gunshop owner at my last base in Alamogordo, New Mexico. Anyone from there knows who I'm talking ...


Go Back   M14 Forum > M14 M1A Forum > Ammunition

15Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Moderator Tools Display Modes

Old January 15th, 2017, 08:08 PM   #16
Lifer
 
Wasted ammo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: GA
Posts: 3,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSF06 View Post
There was a douchebag gunshop owner at my last base in Alamogordo, New Mexico. Anyone from there knows who I'm talking about, although your mileage may vary (say that because there is atleast one other person here from the area)... Long story short, he was buying ammo from Walmart cheap and then selling it for more at his own shop. The guys at Walmart found out and started to sharpie WAL-MART across every box of ammo to stop his shenanigans.
Same thing was going on in my area, really chaps my butt. I saw the guy from the LGS in Walmart buying the ammo! Dirty blanker.

Wasted ammo is online now  
Remove Ads
Old January 16th, 2017, 07:01 AM   #17
Lifer
 
charlie98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 2,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1AFL View Post

Then there was another LGS who stated that they could not order me a SAI M1A Scout model and that if they could it would take a year to get it.
That is true. I placed an order for a Scout back around '06 and I waited about 6 months. I though the LGS was shining me on, so I emailed SAI myself... and the reply was that the current stock of Scouts was gone and production wasn't slated for at least another 6 months. I went back in intending to buy a Standard, walked out with a Socom16 instead.

___

I don't really see what the problem is... you buy a firearm, a car, real estate... whatever... it's not a crime if you resell it for a profit (or loss!) While it's not my favorite setup (the WalMart buyer) if people wouldn't buy his resell ammo, he wouldn't be doing it. Supply and Demand. I buy very little at WalMart because I don't care for them as a company (this from back in my OTR truck driver days and the way they treated non-WM drivers) and find somewhere else to shop, I would do the same to this guy. This is kind of the same deal we had with CTD and the $100 AR mags... I didn't have a problem with them selling an AR mag for $100... I didn't have to buy any and pity the fools that did.

charlie98 is offline  
Old January 16th, 2017, 07:36 AM   #18
Designated Marksman
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie98 View Post
That is true. I placed an order for a Scout back around '06 and I waited about 6 months. I though the LGS was shining me on, so I emailed SAI myself... and the reply was that the current stock of Scouts was gone and production wasn't slated for at least another 6 months. I went back in intending to buy a Standard, walked out with a Socom16 instead.

___

I don't really see what the problem is... you buy a firearm, a car, real estate... whatever... it's not a crime if you resell it for a profit (or loss!) While it's not my favorite setup (the WalMart buyer) if people wouldn't buy his resell ammo, he wouldn't be doing it. Supply and Demand. I buy very little at WalMart because I don't care for them as a company (this from back in my OTR truck driver days and the way they treated non-WM drivers) and find somewhere else to shop, I would do the same to this guy. This is kind of the same deal we had with CTD and the $100 AR mags... I didn't have a problem with them selling an AR mag for $100... I didn't have to buy any and pity the fools that did.
I should have given more info about the attempt to buy a SAI Scout at the LGS, here's the rest of the info:

The problem with this LGS (it was a small town shop in Central New Hampshire) and the SAI Scout purchase was that it was just this past (2016) December. The guy behind the counter did not even go to the computer to look, he apparently was too busy talking to someone else.

I was patiently waiting my turn, I did not interrupt his conversation. He then asked me what I wanted. He said if he could get one it would be around $2000.00 and would take a year. WOW! I had purchased items from the store before so I did not think of myself as a stranger. I will not be back in that store again.

So now thinking that this guy was correct I called a Running's Store nearby on the same day and asked about availability. (Running's is like a Tractor Supply except on steroids and they have a large firearms section.)

The firearms manager was great, she said that they had one with a composite stock at the store. When I asked about a Walnut Stocked model, she said it would take a couple of weeks from a local distributor. She then put me on hold so she could check with them.

She got right back to me and said that they had a new Scout with a Walnut Stock that a customer had ordered but never picked up. Would I be interested? She also offered me a Leupold Scout Scope and rings that came with the rifle at a large discount if I was interested.

I went to the store and sure enough she was telling me the truth. I do not work for them, but I got a new Walnut Stocked SAI Scout, scope and rings from someone who actually cared about a customer.

Just a side note, figuring in the cost of the rings and scope, I paid quite a bit less than the $2000.00 price quoted to me by the LGS, over $500.00 less just for the rifle.

M1AFL is offline  
 
Old January 16th, 2017, 07:54 AM   #19
Old Salt
 
brianns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSF06 View Post
There was a douchebag gunshop owner at my last base in Alamogordo, New Mexico. Anyone from there knows who I'm talking about, although your mileage may vary (say that because there is atleast one other person here from the area)... Long story short, he was buying ammo from Walmart cheap and then selling it for more at his own shop. The guys at Walmart found out and started to sharpie WAL-MART across every box of ammo to stop his shenanigans.
Maybe they should mark them 'not for resale' put it next to the surgeon general's warning.

brianns is online now  
Old January 16th, 2017, 08:53 AM   #20
Old Salt
 
Killashrub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Polk County, Florida
Posts: 1,459
I hate people like that. Luckily the guy at my LGS usually has better deals than walmart on everything that has to do with ammo. And he has a huge surplus of Military Surplus rifles. Mausers, mosins, hakimes, sks's,etc. And a small amount of new guns. His prices have always been competitive with whats online and I have known him since I was a 8 year old boy.

When I put something on layaway he always tells me that his layaway policy is 90 days but for me to take my time if I have to its ok to go over he knows I will pay it off. My layaway guns are usually payed for in 2 weeks. I only layaway something at his shop to "reserve" A good find like that Norinco M14 I found. And the Polytech I found.

I suppose I am very fortunate to have him. Plus to top it off he does gunsmithing and used an M14 in Vietnam and worked on the M14 in Vietnam as an armorer.

Thanks from unkola and M1AFL

Last edited by Killashrub; January 16th, 2017 at 09:16 AM.
Killashrub is offline  
Old January 16th, 2017, 09:03 AM   #21
Old Salt
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Murrieta, DPRKalifornia
Posts: 1,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killashrub View Post
I hate people like that. Luckily the guy at my LGS usually has better deals than walmart on everything that has to do with ammo. And he has a huge surplus of Military Surplus rifles. Mausers, mosins, hakimes, sks's,etc. And a small amount of new guns. His prices have always been competitive with whats online and I have known him since I was a 8 year old boy.

When I put something on layaway he always tells me that his layaway policy is 90 days but for me to take my time if I have to its ok to go over he knows I will pay it off. My layaway guns are usually payed for in 2 weeks. I only layaway something at his shop to "reserve" A good find like that Norinco M14 I found. And the Polytech I found.

I suppose I am very fortunate to have him. Plus to top it off does gunsmithing and used an M14 in Vietnam and worked on the M14 in Vietnam as an armorer.
Doesn't get any better then that, does it? That's a shop that cares about his customers. -Lloyd

unkola is offline  
Old January 16th, 2017, 09:20 AM   #22
Fire Team Leader
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 190
This was going on at one of the local Walmarts. I know the dealer who was doing it and they were putting in on Gunbroker when the shortage was occurring. The shipment would come in and never make the shelves. It was reported that the sporting goods department manager was getting a kickback. Someone complained to management at Walmart and the manager was terminated over it.


Finestkind

Finestkind is offline  
Old January 19th, 2017, 08:43 PM   #23
Grunt
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 113
It's not just ammo. Ever look at some of the OTC drugs at places like Walgreen's or even Wally World? Many of them have stickers that read "If you find this product at a store other than Wal Mart please call 1-800-whatever. Many products are diverted to other markets and have been for years. Still wrong.

medalguy is offline  
Old January 19th, 2017, 09:39 PM   #24
Old Salt
 
smoothy8500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Clemente, California
Posts: 1,533
Hmmm, local shop buys stuff from Walmart to sell because his normal vendors can't supply him. Most small store retail is mark-up 33 to 50% from cost. I don't see why some people are angry over it. He's got to make a living...

smoothy8500 is offline  
Old January 20th, 2017, 02:34 AM   #25
Master Gunner
 
Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 967
The guy is a scum bag but so is Wal Mart. Stay away from Wal Mart, the job you save may be your own.

Clark is offline  
Old January 20th, 2017, 04:57 AM   #26
Rifleman
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudPie View Post
This is more of a rant than anything else.

I've learned that my Loaded eats ZQI ammo with no indigestion, burping, etc. So while plinking/fun target shooting, I've found an affordable ammo to feed my M1a, only $7.64 a box at my local Wal-Mart.

I go to my Wal-Mart to but a few boxes. They had probably 50 boxes on the shelf. I made a comment to the salesman about how many was available. He said, "You came at the right time. I have a customer that knows when we re-stock our shelves and he comes in shortly after and buys every box of ZQI we have on the shelf.". I said, "Oh yeah, you got rid of the 3 box limit.". He says, "Yep, he buys them all and resells them at gun shows for way more money. Pretty sleazy, but nothing we can do about it.".

Of course I think it was sleazy too, but on the other hand, he found a quick way to make a few bucks.

Would I do it ? Nope. I wouldn't feel right doing that to another shooter. Anyone else think the guy is scuzzy or is it just me ?
Few other forums you'd be called an anti-capitalist, communist, or even a socialist.

DougCarr is offline  
Old January 20th, 2017, 05:50 AM   #27
Designated Marksman
 
Gen Jack Ripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 656

Awards Showcase

Been going on for years with .22LR, and the other calibers, things were scarce for awhile. I actually found out from my son how it's done, he had an App on his phone that told him when Walmarx got their ammo delivery by scanning the bar codes on the shelf! Apparently every LGS & retiree trying to make a quick buck knew of this, if it came in on Saturday morning at 7AM they, their friends & family members were lined up to claim their 3 per customer and clean out the shelves, and according to the sporting goods managers I spoke to it was the same people doing it all the time.

Every LGS & pawn shop in town had Walmarx's ammo at 50% mark up, retirees running ads in the papers for ammo or selling online. One LGS got tired of his customers griping about his markup, so he went to selling on Gunbroker so he could gouge more on the markup & shipping charges.

Ya, I'm all for Capitalism, but, there's such a thing as scumbaggery & price gouging, like the buttholes that'll gladly sell you a gallon of gas or water for $20 after a hurricane hits, in some cases that's illegal. These people aren't buying up the ammo for the benefit of their fellow shooters, they're doing it to profit off the misery!

I got lucky not long ago, had to do some quick Walmarx shopping for the Frau, I always park at the garden section and make my way past the ammo shelves, must have been my lucky day! Shelf full of Winchester .22LR 550 bulk packs in the middle of the afternoon! My damn hands were shaky as I hadn't seen ANY for what seemed like years, I went ahead and bagged my limit of 3 before the ammo-sharks showed up!

Everyone's been profiting off these shortages, I even caught SG-Ammo doing it, just before the impending possible election of the Hildabeast I put in an order for 2000rds of GGG/PPU M80 ball, a couple days later after I ordered the price mysteriously increased by .03 cents a round just before elections, then after it went back down to what I'd paid, it was still the same ammo sitting on their shelves. Hopefully Trump's inauguration today puts an end to this profiteering....

Thanks from RDS
Gen Jack Ripper is offline  
Old January 20th, 2017, 02:57 PM   #28
Platoon Sergeant
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen Jack Ripper View Post
Ya, I'm all for Capitalism, but, there's such a thing as scumbaggery & price gouging, like the buttholes that'll gladly sell you a gallon of gas or water for $20 after a hurricane hits, in some cases that's illegal. These people aren't buying up the ammo for the benefit of their fellow shooters, they're doing it to profit off the misery!
Exactly. And it's short-sighted. There are companies that took unfair advantage during run on guns/ammo, contributing to and prolonging an artificial scarcity. I made a point of avoid them then and continue to avoid those same companies now.

Capitalism is great. Unbridled, predatory capitalism is not.

Thanks from Gen Jack Ripper
Pennamite is offline  
Old March 19th, 2017, 02:51 PM   #29
TBH
Snappin In
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 19
Here in Massachusetts, locally, I have a Bass Pro, and two lgs. I try to do my business with the lgs because that's where I've always gone before BPS opened. Plus, BPS is hit or miss on pricing and selection at least at the Foxboro BPS and forget about ammo it's more than the lgs .
I was browsing the usual shops I frequent and found a M1a std for damn near 1700 $$. Now I'm no rocket scientist but I know how to brows and find reasonable prices. I did have to drive about 45 min to a shop that had a few in stock. To make a long story short I ended up ordering a new loaded m1a at said shop for near 200 $$ less. The loaded was only 149$$ more than the std they had.

TBH is offline  
Reply

  M14 Forum > M14 M1A Forum > Ammunition


Search tags for this page

zqi ammo

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Moderator Tools
Display Modes


Similar M14 Forum Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Springfield Armory Ammo Recommendations mnhusker Ammunition 29 April 15th, 2016 05:36 PM
ZQI ammo at AIM Surplus Fridlo Ammunition 11 October 22nd, 2015 03:39 AM
Two Ammo Vendors Speak-out On Prices & Availability 411man Ammunition 35 January 20th, 2014 04:32 PM
7.62 vs .308 in Norinco? El Especia The M14 67 May 6th, 2013 04:18 PM



Top Gun Sites Top Sites List